Wow, I can’t believe how good this really is. I recently made it for a group gathering and it was a HIT!
Thanks to Tina from Mommy’s Kitchen for inspiring this recipe. It is a combination of her recipe and my own.
German Chocolate Cheesecake Cake
- Yield: 1 cake (14-16 Servings)
- Ready In:
Wow, I can't believe how good this really is. I recently made it for a group gathering and it was a HIT! Thanks to Tina from …
- 1 pkg Bakers German Sweet Chocolate 4 oz
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1 1/2 c. butter or margarine divided
- 4 1/2 c. sugar divided
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites beaten
- 4 eggs eggs additional to the the seperated eggs above
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour sifted
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. evaporated milk I like Pet Milk brand
- 1 1/3 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 2 pkg cream cheese, 8 oz softened
- Melt chocolate in boiling water. Then cool.
- Cream 1 c. butter, add 1 tsp vanilla. add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add 4 egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Stir flour with salt & soda. Add alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
Set batter aside.
- Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese & 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth.
- Add 4 eggs and on low speed just until combined
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into a greased & floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- Gently pour cream cheese mixture over the batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over the top; spread to edge of pan.
- Bake at 325 for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Coconut Pecan Frosting
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1 c sugar, evaporated milk, 3 egg yolks, 1/2 c. butter 1 t. vanilla.
Cook & stir over medium heat until thickened and a thermometer reads 160 degrees (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add coconut flakes and pecans.
- Cool until thick enough to spread.
- Frost cake top.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress