Old fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Yield: 1 (15-20 Servings)
- Ready In:
Wow, this is fabulous and smells so good while baking. it is really easy too. You can also top itwith a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 28oz can sliced peaches
- 3 cups sugar divided
- 1 1/4 cups water divided
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch heaping
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- milk enough to make a thin batter a little thinner than pancake batter)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt butter in 13x9 metal baking pan
- In a heavy saucepan combine peaches (undrained), 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 3/4 cup of water and add to the peach mixture. Return to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Add vanilla and enough milk to make a thin batter a little thinner than pancake batter)
- Pour hot peaches into pan with melted butter, and pour batter all over the peach mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Pour sugar/cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (until golden brown).
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress